We understand. We care. We want to help.
In a country where 1 in 5 people is affected by a mental health condition, it's time for all of us to step up and change the conversation.
We understand. We care. We want to help.
Mental health crisis? Are you looking for support because of your mental health issues? Are you concerned about someone you love with a mental health issue?
WRAP Wellness Recovery Action Plan is Coming to Park RidgeWRAP is an 8 week class to develop plans for daily living. It was created by Mary Ellen Copeland, PhD, while she was working on mental health recovery. WRAP-Wellness Recovery Action Plan focuses on learning to maintain wellness and recovery.
The class is free, but registration is required. Wednesday Evenings, 7:00 – 9:00 pm, Sept 20 – Nov 8, 2017 Lutheran General Hospital, Park Ridge
Mental health crisis?
• In a crisis? Call 911 and let them know you have a Mental Health Medical Crisis
• Links to local resources CLICK HERE
• Communication tips CLICK HERE
• Crisis info from NAMI National: CLICK HERE
• NAMI National Free Support 24/7: Text NAMI to 741741
Are you looking for support because of your mental health issues?
• Support Group Learn More
• WRAP (Wellness Recovery Action Plan) View WRAP
• Fun at One Learn More
Are you concerned about someone you love with a mental health issue?
• Family-to-Family education course to learn about mental illness Learn Today
• Basics education course to learn about mental illness with children Read More
• Support groups View Info
• Crisis support View Info
• In our own voice Click Here
• Communication tips Learn More
Do you have someone entering middle school, high school or college and want to make them more aware of mental health?
• Ending the Silence VIEW IT
• Getting the right start - VIEW IT
Want more information about state and national mental health issues?
• Advocacy GET INVOLVED
CHECK OUT THE
MEMBERSHIPWe hope you’ll join NAMI and support our advocacy for the mentally ill. The cost is only $40 for an individual. $60 for a household. If $40 will create a financial hardship,
we also offer a $5 Open Door Membership.
To join, you can mail the form or pay online.
CLICK HERE TO JOIN
NAMI BA Highlights & News
Family to Family Education is a FREE 12-week course for families, friends, caregivers and guardians of individuals with serious mental health conditions. All course materials are furnished at no cost to you. The curriculum focuses on schizophrenia, bipolar disorder (manic depression), clinical depression, panic disorder, PTSD, and obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). The course discusses the clinical treatment of mental health conditions and teaches the knowledge and skills that family members need to be able to cope more effectively.
Call Now for Family to Family Classes Classes offered in Barrington and Arlington Heights-people from all areas may attend.
Registration is required:
Please call Teri at 847-809-6038 now for information or to register or email firstname.lastname@example.org
NAMI In Our Own Voice presentations change attitudes, assumptions and stereotypes by describing the reality of living with mental illness. People with mental health conditions share their powerful personal stories in this free, 60- or 90-minute presentation. Learn More
What You'll Gain
NAMI In Our Own Voice adds a critical perspective to the popular understanding of what people with mental illness are like. Going to this presentation will provide you:
- A first-hand account of what it's like to live with a mental illness. Presenters humanize this misunderstood topic by demonstrating that it's possible—and common—to live well with mental illness.
- A chance to ask the presenters questions, which allows for a deeper understanding of mental health conditions and dispel stereotypes and misconceptions.
- The understanding that every person with a mental illness can hope for a bright future.
What People are Saying
“Amazing presentation with amazing presenters! You 100% erased any stigma I used to associate with mental illness.”
“Several of the mental health staff stated that they saw recovery as a real option—for the first time ever.”
“Participating in the IOOV program is the single most effective thing I am doing to maintain my mental health. Time after time I see the audience respond with curiosity and interest. I know I am changing the face of mental illness and that I have transformed my pain into the power to make a difference.”
The Wellness Recovery Action Plan® or WRAP®, is a self-designed prevention and wellness process that anyone can use to get well, stay well and make their life the way they want it to be. It was developed in 1997 by a group of people who were searching for ways to overcome their own mental health issues and move on to fulfilling their life dreams and goals. It is now used extensively by people in all kinds of circumstances, and by health care and mental health systems all over the world to address all kinds of physical, mental health and life issues.
WRAP Will Help You:
- Discover your own simple, safe Wellness Tools
- Develop a list of things to do every day to stay as well as possible
- Identify upsetting events, early warning signs and signs that things have gotten much worse and, using Wellness Tools, develop action plans for responding at these times
- Guide you through the process of developing a Crisis Plan or Advance Directive
- Introduce you to Post Crisis Planning
WRAP is for anyone, any time. It will support you in being the way you want to be and doing the things you want to do. Learn More